Difference between revisions of "DarkLight93"
|Line 1,609:||Line 1,609:|
* In order it goes DL, then the 2 Assistants, then the Lead Editor, followed by the regular editors, and finally at the bottom the 2'nd Editors.
* In order it goes DL, then the 2 Assistants, then the Lead Editor, followed by the regular editors, and finally at the bottom the 2'nd Editors.
- DL (''Page Manager'') '''[Vacation May 16, 2011 - July 4, 2011]'''
- NU (''Asst. Page Manager'')
- MG (''Asst. Page Manager'')
- OK (''Asst. Page Manager'')
- SS (''Lead Editor'')
- SS (''Lead Editor'')
Revision as of 19:00, 25 May 2011
Cowen "DarkLight93" Hames is a multi-generation speed runner who has been actively speed running since August 1997. Throughout his career, he has completed 12 projects, obtained 25 video game championships, 8 Global, 2 Regionals, 2 Nationals, 11 State, and 2 Divisionals. He is currently recognized as one of the greatest speed runners of all time. Having completed several projects, including countless hours on Goldeneye, Fallout 3, and Grand Theft Auto, he is a very dedicated speed runner. I have had sessions that gone from 7AM till 6AM., a 23 Hour Session.
Its been a long 14 years, and he is still going. There are 3 main reasons to speed run according to DL: For fun, to be the best, and just for the hell of it.
Although DL has never gotten serious in Goldeneye or Perfect Dark (Especially Perfect Dark), he has beyond contributed to other games, including NightFire, EoN, SM64, SMS, Metroid Prime series, Grand Theft Auto series (Especially San Andreas), Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, and countless other games. In 2011, he focuses mainly on Call of Duty, Halo, Fallout 3, GTA Series, and Dead Space 2.
- DL's on Vacation until July 4, so me (Mangled Gamer), Optical King, and SilverStorm13 will be updating the Bio. Apparently DL wants a 3'rd Asst. Page Mgr, a Asst. Lead Editor, and 1 more editor.
- DL Offically retired from 007 NightFire on June 4, 2011. Read about it under "007 NightFire"
- On May 24, Nehru accepted the posistion of Assistant Page Manager (Top), Optical King accepted the posistion of Assistant Page Manager (3'rd), and SilverStorm13 accepted the posistion of Lead Editor, and Extra Kick accepted the posistion of Assistant Lead Editor. All the editors have been filled.
-Das Licht 2011 Project List-
[X] Finish 007 NightFire Work (Completely Max out all 36 times for 007 NightFire and hold all 36 records in 1'st.)
[X] Dead Space- Game Completion (January)
[X] Left 4 Dead- Game Completion (January)
[X] Left 4 Dead 2- Game Completion (January)
[X] Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2- Game Completion (February)
[X] Fallout 3- Game Completion (February)
[X] Fallout 3- 100% Completion (February-April)
[X] Fallout 3- Minimum Percent Speed Run (April)
[X] Call of Duty: Black Ops- Game Completion (May)
[X] GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony- Game Completion (May)
[X] GTA IV: The Lost and The Damned- Game Completion (May)
 GTA IV- Game Completion (June)
 GTA IV- Minimum Percent Speed Run (June)
 Fallout New Vegas- Game Completion (July)
 Dead Space 2- Game Completion (August)
Heres my new Tier List for The Hardest Games/Scenarios to Beat. The closer the Roman Numeral is to Zero (0.), the harder the objective is. The name at the end of the list is the name for completing the challenge.
-I.- Complete Dead Space 2 On Zelot Difficulty (Not Yet Completed) (Dark Champion)
-II.- Complete Fallout 3 on Very Hard Mode without using VATS or any Heavy Weapon. (Master of the Wastes)
-II.- 007 Goldeneye DLTK Mode Except Silo (He Went Rouge)
-II.- In Fallout 3, kill all 5 Super Mutant Behemoths only using a Combat Knife (Not Yet Completed) (King of Kings)
-III.- In Fallout 3, during the mission "You Gotta Shoot Em In The Head", assassinate all 4 targets with 4 headshots from the .32 Pistol (Perfect Assassin)
-II.- Complete Fallout 3 on Normal Difficulty without using VATS or any special weapon (No Assistance Required)
-III.- COD Black Ops (Veteran Mode) (Black Ops Master)
-IV.- Halo Reach (Legendary Mode) (Invincible)
-V.- COD Modern Warefare 2 (Veteran Mode) (Skilled Thrower)
-VI.- Complete Blast Corps (Blast From the Past)
-VIII.- Completing 007 NightFire on Operative Mode without taking any damage through the whole game (Best of the Best)
-VIV.- Completing Fallout 3 on Normal Difficulty, finding all 20 bobbleheads under 5.00 Hours (Race to the Finish)
-X.- Completing GTA San Andreas Under 8 Hours (Orginal Gangster)
-XI.- Completeing GTA Vice City Under 4 Hours (The Don)
-XI.- Completing GTA LCS Under 4 Hours (Speed Demon)
Current Leaderboard Posistions (Champion)
007 NightFire: #1/306 007 Everything or Nothing: #1/355
Fallout 3: #1/942 007 Agent Under Fire: #1/37
(2'nd Posistion: Gold)
Mortal Kombat Armaggedon: #2/219 Just Cause: #2/199
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas: #4/720 -NA-
(3'rd Posistion: Silver)
(Bottom 15 Posistion: Bronze)
-To find a certain topic, look at the Topic List below. There are 20 sections, with 106 subsections. There are a total of 126 topics on this page.-
Speed Running Lead Project Titles
Below are descriptions of speed runs throughout the years. The Dark era conisted of projects #1. through #12. Begining with Hit the ground running and ending with Saint Gothica. The Light era will conist of projects #13. through #20. Begining with Das Licht and ending with The Archaic Saint.
The Dark Era (1997 - 2010)
The 5'th Generation (August 1997 - February 2003)
DarkLight93 started his career with Blast Corps for the N64. Along with this other games such as Super Mario 64 and Goldeneye were quickly added to his list of projects. DarkLight93 mainly speed runned on the N64, but also did some projects on the Playstation 1 and PC. 2000 brought a new advancement to gaming, with games like Perfect Dark and The World is Not Enough. Later that year the 6th generation opened up with the brand new Playstation 2. Super Smash Bros Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube was also a big hit, and DL also started playing the Xbox. DarkLigh93 slowly switched from the 5th generation to the 6th, and also started playing what would later be known as his best speed running talent of all time, 007 NightFire. In February 2003, DL offically switched over to the 6th generation.
(1.) Hit the ground running... (August 1997 - October 2000)
DarkLight93's first project consisted of amatuer speed runs with the N64. After meeting other speed runners and watching videos, his skill level slowly got better.
(2.) Reality (November 2000 - February 2003)
DarkLight93's second project, titled "Reality" was much more rewarding than the first. DL created his youtube and various other website accounts, and was heading towards popularity speed running such games like Goldeneye and Super Mario 64.
The 6'th Generation (March 2003 - December 2009)
Following the offical transfer, DL started to gain fame around this time. By this time over 40 games were being speed runned by DL. 2004 GTA San Andreas was released, and DL added accounts to many websites. DarkLight93 was now becoming a well known speed runner, which eventually led to his new project, rumored to be called Days in a Dark Arising.
(3.) A Risen Curse (March 2003 - December 2005)
This project is where DarkLight93 got his original theme for speed running. The darkness theme is applied during speed runs, to "enhance" the quality of the speed runs. DarkLight93 made several projects during this time, which included 007 Nightfire, which would later be known as his best skill in any game of all time. There were not any championships during this time, however, that would all change with his next project, which would have 2 separate parts. Days in a Dark Arising.
(4.) Days in a Dark Arising Part I (January 2006 - December 2008)
Starting off 2006, DarkLight93 started the project called Days in a Dark Arising, which would have several different speed running projects. By now, the 7th generation had already started with the Xbox 360, and later the Playstation 3 and Wii. However, DarkLight93 stayed in the 6th generation. He offically finished all of his projects for the Xbox, which left him with the Gamecube and Playstation 2. On June 2, 2008 DarkLight93 became the 007 Nightfire Global Champion, which gave him his 9'th championship. A new network which connected every game together was made, which made DarkLight93 even more popular. This Speedrunwiki was also created in 2008. In December 2008, DL said that the Days in a Dark Arising was complete. And now he would finish the 6th generation in the next project: Days in a Dark Arising Part II
(5.) Days in a Dark Arising Part II (January 2009 - May 2009)
Following the extreme success from 2008, DarkLight93 was champion of 9 video games simultaneously. His fame was off the charts. However, it started to fall.
In May 2009, DarkLight93 lost access to the internet. Because of this inactivity he decided to finish the retiring list. On June 2, DarkLight93 celebrated being 007 NightFire champion for over a year. Following the party after that, he announced that on June 28, 2009 Super Smash Bros Melee will no longer be a active project. After June 28, one more game was left to be retired from. On July 3, DarkLight93 offically retired from Blast Corps, a game that was worked on for over 12 years, (1997-2009). This ended his 2,211 day reign as state champion. This left only 007 NightFire as a active speed running project.
On August 7, 2009, DL and several other people attempted to fix his computer, but did not succeed. After several meetings and phone calls, it was finally decided that since DL had no way to upload videos, nor the proper funds to purchase a new computer, that he would retire from speed running.
On August 8, 2009 DarkLight93 offically retired from 007 NightFire at 6:00 PM. Following several discussions, DarkLight93 offically retired from Speed Running at 6:25 on August 8, 2009.
He has remained the 007 NightFire champion to this date.
(6.) Retirement (May 2009 - November 2009)
For 7 months DL was completely inactive from the gaming community, including social networking sites like Facebook and others. The reason was because of equipment failure, inlcuding a networking breakdown on the main computer, and at one point the tower sparked and caused a fire, destroying the Motherboard and other vital pieces of technology for the computer network. At the same time, the PS2 had a fan failure which caused it to overheat, and simultaneously the Nintendo Gamecube fell off a stand and was damaged beyond repair. After months of networking repairs, DL returned to the gaming community on December 12, 2009 after the computer network was announced repaired. Since 2 of the 3 main consoles that DL used for speedrunning were damaged, he decided to finish the TWINE Part II Final Speed Run, then offically closed his work in the 6'th gen speed-running.
(7.) Intklek Majorn (December 2009)
The new chapter in DarkLight93s speed running arrived on December 12, 2009. Following over 7 months of inactivity, DL returned. With all the networking repairs fixed, he also better and newer technology. Eventually all 6th gen speed run related projects were completed by the end of 2009.
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas also saw the final day of playing on December 4, 2009. Since all the story missions were beat DarkLight93 did a rampage segement which lasted over an hour.
DarkLight93 finished out TWINE Part II with a final speed run right before the end of the year, closing out both the 6th generation and the year with a new total time, 29:45. Immediately following the closure of the 6th gen, DL and several friends had a News Year Eve party.
The 7'th Generation (January 2010 - December 2010)
One of the most well known but also the shortest generations DL has speed runned is the 7'th. The main consoles were the PS3, Xbox 360, and the Nintendo Wii.
(8.) Flames on a Golden Throne (January 2010 - February 2010)
This was the first 7th gen main project that lasted from Janurary 2010 to February 1 2010. It was basically testing new equipment and pre work for The Legend.
(9.) The Legend I: Rebirth (February 2010 - March 2010)
The Legend started in February 2010, and its main project was Goldeneye: Enemy Rockets Banaza. DarkLight93 had completed all the walkthroughs, all that had to be done was upload all 20 walkthroughs to this Wiki. The Legend I was completed on March 1, and following it was The Legend II.
(10.) The Legend II: Redemption (March 2010 - May 2010)
The Legend 2 features Super Smash Bros Brawl as its main project. Games #113-#123 were added during this project. This project completed lookbacks on old speed runs, and also had those files locked and put away. All the current gaming files and documents were moved to a new file. This project also featured the departure of the 14 year old Nintendo 64, which had previously been the oldest still working console to date. It outlasted the Playstation 1, the Nintendo Gamecube, and the Xbox. The PS1 failed in 2002, the Gamecube failed in 2007, and the Xbox failed in 2005. The Playstation 2 however, outlasted the Nintendo 64, and is now the oldest still working console to date. The Legend II was completed on April 18, 2010.
(11.) The Legend III: Retribution (May 2010 - August 2010)
Listed below are the objectives that need to be completed:
1. My 2010 Prom (May 1)---Completed
2. My ILC Transfer (May 1 - September 28)---Completed
3. Adding games #124 - #139 on the Inactive/Active List. (May 1 - May 25)---Completed
4. Complete the final playthrough of GTA San Andreas, including the 100% Speed Run. (May 22)---Completed
5. Completing The Legend III. (August 1)---Completed
This project will be extremely busy, so updates will be rare. But The Legend series will finally be completed, and in September we will move on to the final 7'th Generation project: Saint Gothica.
This project also featured the NightFire Championship War 2010.
(12.) Saint Gothica (August 2010 - December 2010)
So far this project has been going extremely well. Grand Theft Auto IV has gotten a lot of work done. On 9-3-10 the story mode was completed. We are currently working on finishing the 7th generation. Das Licht is the next project. The 8th generation is all about getting 30 video game championships. World Titles 17-20 will be obtained during Saint Gothica before the 7th generation is over.
This project really focused on the future of speed running. DarkLight93 has almost seperated himself from the video game community, focusing on solo projects and uploading them to the video game community. DL got a job in late October 2010, which limits the time spent on video gaming. DL has also moved into the First Person Shooter category, barely playing any other type of games.
Saint Gothica was the last 7th generation project and the last project under the Dark era. The Light era consists of the massive upcoming 8'th generation and the FSP projects.
This project also featured the 007 NightFire Championship War II.
The Light Era (2011 - present)
The 8'th Generation (2011 - present)
(13.) Das Licht (January 2011 - present)
The current project is currently featuring the NCW3 and the opening of the new generation.
Das Licht is by far the busiest project yet. So far I've completed several tasks. Fallout New Vegas is the main game for this project.
(14.) The Chrome Stature (August 2011 - January 2012)
This project has been confirmed and will focus on more FPS Speed Running.
(15.) The Chrome Stature II: Sacred Legends (January 2012 - May 2012)
This project has been confirmed.
(16.) Obtenbris (May 2012 - November 2012)
This project has been confirmed.
(17.) The Platinum Bridge (November 2012 - April 2013)
This project has been confirmed. It will be a preview of the final series: Project BlackFire.
The 9'th Generation (FSP) (2013 - 2017)
(18.) Project BlackFire Part I: Indigo Flames (April 2013 - April 2015)
This project has been confirmed and will start the goal of getting a total of 30 gaming championships.
(19.) Project BlackFire Part II: Merciless Angel (April 2015 - July 2017)
This project has been confirmed, and will completely involve getting championships 26-29. This also ends the Project BlackFire series.
(20.) The Archaic Saint (August 2017)
This project has been confirmed, and it also the final speed running project DL will be doing. It will cover the entire speed running career of DarkLight93. It will also include the 30'th Video Game Championship, the closure of the 8'th Generation, and more.
Main Gaming Projects
The 5'th Generation (1997 - 2003)
1. Blast Corps (1997-2009)
Blast Corps was the longest active I ever played, it lasted for 12 years. This game is very strange but fun at the same time. While I never made an impact on the Global Championship, I did make a huge impact on the State Championship. My reign lasted 2,211 days, from 2003-2009. By far my longest championship reign of all time. The game is very fun, but hard. I would suggest everyone give this game a chance, even though it is 12 years old.
2. Super Smash Bros N64 (1999-2009)
Active Gaming: February 12, 1999 through March 3, 2009. (10 Years)
Highest Championship: State of Iowa (5th Highest)
Championship Reign: February 28, 2005- March 3, 2009
DarkLight93 never lost his championship, he held it until March 3, 2009 when the game was put on the Inactive Playing list, meaning it would no longer be played or have videos or matches. His Championship went on the line several times after winning a total of 109 Wins and 0 Losses. The rules then said the next match he would lose he would lose the title, but he never lost a match, all the way up to the last match of the game on March 3, 2009 with DarkLight93 vs Final Mistake (Captain Falcon vs Captain Falcon) on Hyrule temple with game settings set to Legendary Phoenix Outrun Career Threating Match , which is 99 stock match with 50% damage and no items. The Match lasted over 2 hours and was eventually won by DarkLight93 with each of the 2 players having 1 life left. DarkLight93 launched Final Mistake off the stage, then DarkLight93 jumped after him and 5FDP (Falcon Punch) him off the stage, thus leaving DarkLight93 Victorious, leaving him with a final Match count (Starting when he got the State Championship on February 28, 2005) of 153-0.
3. 007 Goldeneye N64 (1999-2009)
See Below: "Enemy Rockets Banaza"
4. Perfect Dark N64 (2000-2008)
Active Gaming: December 19, 2000 - December 23, 2008
Highest Championship: State (5th Highest)
Championship Reign: November 12, 2001 - June 6, 2002
In 2000, after getting the game, DarkLight93 slowly started to build up skill. Now compared to the Elite's gamers times, DL was no champion, however in the State of Iowa he was considered a well player. DL never achieved as much with Perfect Dark then other games, but when he got right down to it, he said that is was in his Top 5 Favorite Games of All Time. The times page for it was taken down in 2007, and after a year more of finishing up with Perfect Agent Enemy Rockets, the game was put on the Inactive List on December 23, 2008.
5. Super Mario 64 (1999-2009)
1999 was a rather good year for DL. Though other games such as Half Life, Metal Gear Solid, and 007 Goldeneye were around, Super Mario 64 received the most attention. From 1999 through 2004, DarkLight93 competed locally for fastest star times, most coins in a level, and Half Game and Full Game Speed Runs. In 2005, he switched to Challenges, such as minimizing how many times the A button was pressed, and least amount to jump. In 2008, production and videos started to cease, and on December 30th, 2008 it was announced that DL would retire from Super Mario 64 in a few months. People got angry over this, saying it should be around longer than 007 Goldeneye. However, on March 4, 2009, both 007 Goldeneye and Super Mario 64 were put on the inactive list, which left several people upset. DL announced on March 5, 2009 that there is still a chance Super Mario Sunshine will come back.
6. 007 The World is Not Enough Part I (2000-2008)
Active Gaming: December 9, 2000 - December 31, 2008
I studied TWINE for 8 years, and during that time I found numerous glitches that could easily help other players and cut down the time on a full length speed run. This game in my opinion is mediocre, it is no where near as good as Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. But this game has given me over 200 hours of play time, and I peformed one of the better speed runs for it. I completed the game on all 3 difficulties on January 6, 2001.
7. 007 The World is Not Enough Part II (2009)
Active Gaming: November 5, 2009 - December 30, 2009
I went back through TWINE one last time, just as a final 6th generation project. I successfully speed runned the game from Courier to Meltdown in 29:45, a brand new personal record, on December 30, 2009 just before the end of the year.
This time put me in the lead for state championships, which gave me my 11'th championship for speed running.
The 6'th Generation (2003 - 2009)
8. Super Smash Bros Melee (2001-2009)
Active Gaming: December 9, 2001 - June 22, 2009
Total Number of Multiplayer Matches: 1,543,906
Highest Championship: State (5th Highest)
Championship Reign: December 4, 2001 - December 5, 2003
SSBM is at #2 on the list of Most Multiplayer Matches for DL, it has more than every other single multiplayer game, except for NightFire.
Super Smash Bros Melee has always been the 2'nd most played game by DarkLight93, including total game hours and multiplayer matches. Super Smash Bros Melee was the 2'nd last 6th generation video game placed under inactive, leaving only 007 NightFire on the Active List
9. Metroid Prime (2001-2007)
Let me say this: Metroid Prime is in my top 5 most favorite games of all time. As I went through this game for 6 years, the size of the game, and the atmosphere is breathless. I completed this game full 100%, and then came the real challenge: Speed Run.
This game is long, very long. Even without 100%. I completed my first successful speed run of the game in 1:55:43 on March 9, 2002. I then went through and completed other speed runs, eventually getting satisfied with the time of 1:26:19 on June 17, 2007.
10. Super Mario Sunshine (2002-2007)
Ive completed this game so many times that I lost track. This is great successor to Super Mario 64, im glad the developers created it. I completed the game in December 2002, with all 120 Shine Sprites.
11. 007 NightFire PS2 (2002 - 2011)
Active Gaming: November 18, 2002- June 4, 2011
Total Number of Multiplayer Matches: 2,051,793 (Final Match played on May 23, 2011: DL Vs Nehru Global Championship (DL Victory))
Highest Championship: Global (Highest)
Championship Reign: June 2, 2008 - present
- Perhaps known as DarkLight93's ticket to success, NightFire is what got DarkLight93 to start Speed Running. 2002 was a particular slow year, but that is when DL got the basics and started peforming well in local city tournaments. +
In 2003, DL among others, such as Ben Southward, Indezard, Stephen Chan, and many more, attended a National NightFire Tournament. DL did not perform well at the time.
- In 2004 however, that started to change. DL began to take on more powerful players, and eventually had a match with a top player, Nehru. This match was intensely long, and DL eventually ended up winning. Nehru and DL then began being friends and in 2006 Nehru became DarkLight93s Second Gamer and Assistant.
- By 2007, Ben Southward had climbed the ranks to #1 best player in the world, with Stephen Chan and Scoring following in pursuit. The very first records from DL were put on cyberscore, and 16 months later, on May 27, 2008, DarkLight93 beat Scoring and Stephen Chan, to become the #2 best player in the world.
- A mere 5 days later, on June 2, 2008, DarkLight93 beat Ben Southward, with the record Double Cross Operative 1:55, and DarkLight93 became the New Global Champion of NightFire. On June 2, 2009, his Championship Reign passed the 365 day mark, making his reign over 1 year old. On June 2, 2010, his Championship Reign passed the 730 day mark, making his reign over 2 years old.
- DarkLight93 has since then been called the best NightFire player of all time, as his discoveries, such as the Pausing trick have caused such improvement in time that even major Gaming Pros have admitted to his excellence.
- Since 2007, the game has been the center of attention between two rival competitive groups, the NFK (Which DL was previously in and the orginal founder, but later discredited the group and was kicked out), and the Ultimate Gaming Alliance, DL's new group. In 2010 there were 2 Championship wars, the second almost resulting in DL losing the championship. In 2011 there was the third championship war, which resolved the conflict between the NFK and the UGA.
- In 2011 the scoreboard was quiet. After the Championship Wars, it seemed as though everyone gave up on NightFire. DL's Championship has been unbeatable, and so it seemed as though DL would have a perfect Reign. Until Nehru showed up....
So, we almost could of wrapped up the section on NightFire right then and there. But, as always, there can be a unexpecting suprise. Such as a former friend who takes the opportunity to challenge DL's "Unbeatable" reign.
- On March 16, 2011. Nehru began what would be known as "The Last Overthrow". Nicknamed The Tyrant, he began posting his personal records on cyberscore. Some say that he is better than DL, but just waited until everyone else gave up to challenge the reign. With the record The Exchange 00A 2:05, Nehru completely destroyed Steven Lee's and Terry Xia's records. The current rankings say that DL is first, then Kain Highwind, then Nehru.
- If you remember way back in 2006, Nehru was DL's assistant and the two worked together to speed run Metroid Prime and SMS, and SSBM. So Nehru knows DL's style and tricks. Thats what makes this such a interesting championship match up. Unlike Ben, Scoring, Kirby, Terry, Steven and finally Kain, Nehru actually knows how to defeat DL.
* On May 20, 2011 Nehru finally stepped up to the plate. Him and DL went head to head in competition, Nehru using DL's exact same tricks to get the exact same times. Eventually, by the end of May, all but 4 records had been maxed out. This could be an issue, because if all the times are maxed, then the scoreboard would have turned into a complete stop. But, because DL said he was going to completely destroy NightFire, I guess we kind of saw it coming.
* On May 23, 2011, all 36 times had been maxed out. The score was DL- 4,109. And Nehru- 3,992. DL had beaten him, but Nehru had 1 last trick up his sleeve. He challenged DL to 1 final NightFire match. A Multiplayer 1 on 1. Set to be on June 2, 2011. The 3'rd year anniversary of DL becoming Champion * On May 23, 2011, DL had offically completed his speed run work for NightFire. After 9 long years, the times were maxed out. But 1 last thing was left to do. DL faced Nehru on a 1 on 1 Mutli Match (Best out of 3) for the championship. 10 Lives, Pistols, at SkyRail. In a matter of moments, DL destroyed Nehru, with a final score of 3-0. Nehru was defeated, and retired shortly after.
* On June 2, 2011 DL celebrated being champion for 3 years. Then decided to announce the unthinkable. DarkLight93, after 9 competitive years of speed running 007 NightFire, retired playing NightFire on June 4, 2011. He is without a doubt the best player ever to play the game, and probably always will be. It is believed he is the last competitive speed runner to retire NightFire. Even though he is retired, his championship still stands.....'
-DL's Personal Records and World Records-
- If the Level and Time are Italicized, it means it is believed to be maxed. Bold are World Records.
- FINAL UPDATE: 5/23/11
- All of the records are now believed to be maxed.
- DL holds 36 of the 36 Time Records.
1. PARIS PRELUDE: 1:59----- (Maxed) 4/18/11
2. THE EXCHANGE: 2:45------ (Maxed) 5/23/11
3. ALPHINE ESCAPE: 4:06---- (Maxed) 6/2/08
4. ENEMIES VANQUISHED: 2:00----- (Maxed) 1/20/11
5. DOUBLE CROSS: 1:51------- (Maxed) 5/23/11
6. NIGHTSHIFT: 1:58------ (Maxed) 12/24/10
7. CHAIN REACTION: 2:47------ (Maxed) 3/9/11
8. PHOENIX FIRE: 1:55------ (Maxed) 5/4/11
9. DEEP DESCENT: 3:58----- (Maxed) 5/11/11
10. ISLAND INFLITRATION: 7:56------ (Maxed) 3/5/11
11. COUNTDOWN: 5:00----- (Maxed) 9/20/09
12. EQUINOX: 2:45---- (Maxed) 5/20/11
1. PARIS PRELUDE: 2:00----- (Maxed) 4/18/11
2. THE EXCHANGE: 2:16----- (Maxed) 7/4/09
3. ALPHINE ESCAPE: 4:05----- (Maxed) 6/2/08
4. ENEMIES VANQUISHED: 1:51----- (Maxed) 2/28/11
5. DOUBLE CROSS: 1:50----- (Maxed) 11/15/10
6. NIGHTSHIFT: 1:51------ (Maxed) 8/22/09
7. CHAIN REACTION: 2:59---- (Maxed) 5/5/11
8. PHOENIX FIRE: 2:23------ (Maxed) 2/2/11
9. DEEP DESCENT: 4:55------ (Maxed) 5/17/11
10. ISLAND INFLITRATION: 7:57---- (Maxed) 3/5/11
11. COUNTDOWN: 5:53------- (Maxed) 7/19/10
12. EQUINOX: 2:48------- (Maxed) 5/18/11
1. PARIS PRELUDE: 2:00------- (Maxed) 4/18/11
2. THE EXCHANGE: 2:12------- (Maxed) 9/9/09
3. ALPHINE ESCAPE: 4:03------- (Maxed) 6/2/08
4. ENEMIES VANQUISHED: 2:12------ (Maxed) 5/1/11
5. DOUBLE CROSS: 1:49------ (Maxed) 6/4/10
6. NIGHTSHIFT: 1:56------ (Maxed) 8/20/10
7. CHAIN REACTION: 5:32----- (Maxed) 4/30/11
8. PHOENIX FIRE: 2:25---- (Maxed) 5/7/11
9. DEEP DESCENT: 4:52----- (Maxed) 5/21/11
10. ISLAND INFLITRATION: 8:35----- (Maxed) 5/23/11
11. COUNTDOWN: 10:59------ (Maxed) 5/20/11
12. EQUINOX: 2:55----- (Maxed) 5/22/11
12. Spiderman 2 (2004-2009)
Active Gaming: June 28, 2004 - March 8, 2009
Highest Championship: Global (Highest)
Championship Reign: December 31, 2006 - March 8, 2009
Spiderman 2 really stunned me the first time I threw it in my PS2. The ability to swing around the entire island of Manhattan and on the additional 3 islands is incredible. The 5 bosses, Rhino, Mysterio, Shocker, Dr. Octopus, and Calypso were all great additions too. I thought the hero points were a great plus, and the secret tokens were very fun to find. I went through 3 copies of this game, each for:
Game 1: Personal Playthrough and 100% Playthrough
Game 2: Minimum Percent Speed Run
Game 3: 100% Speed Run
This was a very balanced game, and I am glad that Activision took the time to make it.
13. Scarface The World is Yours (2007-2009)
I completed the game just recently, and I can say its a medicore game that has a good story, except for the annoying police and gangs, it was a ok game.
My review of the game (Released June 22, 2009) can be found at http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/review/R134743.html
14. Scarface The World is Yours Part II (2010)
Another look at the game brought exciting rampages and contests featuring the longest outrun of the police. Also this part featured the long awated 100% mark, and just as GTA San Andreas, this game will never really end, but as for the gameplay, its finished.
15. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (2004-2008)
I started playing Vice City in early 2004. This game did great with graphics and the overall difficulty was quite more difficult than other GTA's. I made a walkthrough of this, but it was taken down in 2008. I did achieve 100%, on 1 save file. Overall, I would rank this game as the 2nd best game in the GTA universe, behind San Andreas.
16. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (2006-2008)
I started LCS in late 2006, and let me say, this is personally my favorite GTA. This game may have been small, but for some reason, it gave me more entertainment than any other GTA game. I still cant figure it out, but the storyline, graphics, landscape, and weapons were just great. I appreciated this game so much, that I went back and did 6 100% files. I also completed a speed run of this game, though I never recorded it.
17. Battlefield 2 Modern Combat (2005-2009)
Quite possibly my most famous walkthrough for any game, Battlefield 2 certainly brought out my competitive side of walkthroughs. Completing all of the 19 levels, my walkthrough has helped thousands of players beat the game, especially the final level. I never really got around to the online playing though, it just didnt interest me like Halo 2 did.
18. Ultimate Spiderman (2005-2008)
Ultimate Spiderman made an interest to me because of the Venom Suit. I went through this game very quickly, completing it in less than 4 hours. I made a speed run of it, which was very successful, and I completed it 100% on January 2, 2008.
19. 007 Everything or Nothing (2004-2009)
This game is one of my most popular speed runs to date. I was the Global Champion for quite a while from 2008-2009, and am still #1 on the Rankings. However I am not offically champion since I do not play the game any longer, but to this date nobody has been able to beat my score. This game has a massive storyline with 29 missions, and graphics are great. Everything or Nothing has made as much as an impact on my speed running career as TWINE and Goldeneye have.
20. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Part I (2004-2005)
Active Gaming: October 28, 2004 - June 4, 2005
After beating the game, questions were being asked about a possible speed run. San Andreas is a very long game, so duration of course became an issue, along with glitches and possible errors. DarkLight93 spent a few months planning out the eventual speed run.
21. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Part II (2005-2008)
Active Gaming: June 6, 2005 - May 31, 2008
Part II was the actual speed run. Half of it was completed in 2006, with the remaining levels still in question. Several of DL's friends talked about it and did not agree on it being possible. The Speed Run would call for over 10 hours of gaming footage, which would be very expensive. And then the issue of dying in the game and mission failures also came into play. The first half of the footage was completely erased, then DL went to work on what would be known as the most difficult speed run DL has ever made.
22. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Part III (2009)
Active Gaming: October 2, 2009 - December 4, 2009 +
On October 2, 2009 after more than 3 years of working on it, DarkLight93 finally completed a speed run of GTA san andreas. The resulting time was debated, but it was rumored to be around 2 hours. To this date, DL nor anybody else will talk about the result of the speed run, other than the fact that it was completed.
The final segment of San Andreas was a 1 hour rampage video, featuring a 6 star wanted level and several different scenarios.
23. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Part IV (2010)
Active Gaming: January 1, 2010 - May 22, 2010
The final part of the massive project of Grand Theft Auto was secret hunting. There was few gameplay hours, but more so of information and walkthroughs. There really will be no end for GTA San Andreas, but as far as gameplay is concerned, it is finished. The revolution that this game made is extradionary.
The long awaited 100% speed run, which was orginally started all the way back in 2004, was finally completed after more than 6 years of work. The 100% Speed Run was offically completed on May 22, 2010. What was considered as "The last PS2 project", and which took the longest ammount of time to complete out of every other single project, was great. DarkLight93 successfully completed the game in 6:09:58. 5 Minutes short of the World Record.
With the successful completion of the 100% speed run, GTA San Andreas was put up for sale, along with the PS2, following the completion of the speed run. This ended the 6'th generation of ALL SPEEDRUNNING PROJECTS.
The 7'th Generation (2009 - 2011)
24. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2010-2011)
Active Gaming: January 20, 2010 - May 19, 2011
First 7th gen game that has been added to the main projects list. I just began work on this game, so I will add more info as I progress with the game.
25. God of War III (2010 - 2011)
Active Gaming: March 20, 2010 - April 17, 2011
Main title project for 7'th generation.
26. Final Fantasy XIII (2010 - 2011)
Active Gaming: April 1, 2010 - May 19, 2011
27. Just Cause 2 (2010 - 2011)
Active Gaming: April 4, 2010 - May 7, 2011
This game gave me my 13'th video game championship.
28. Heavy Rain (2010 - 2011)
Active Gaming: April 7, 2010 - April 30, 2011
===29. Demon's Souls (2010 - 2011)
Active Gaming: April 10, 2010 - May 16, 2011
30. COD Modern Warfare (2008 - 2011)
Active Gaming: April 10, 2008 - May 9, 2011
31. COD Modern Warfare 2 (2010 - present)
Active Gaming: May 14, 2010 - present)
32. Dante's Inferno (2010 - 2011)
Active Gaming: May 24, 2010 - May 1, 2011)
33. Grand Theft Auto IV (2008 - present)
34. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (2010 - 2011)
35. Tekken 6 (2010 - 2011)
36. Resident Evil 5 (2010 - 2011)
37. Dementium II (2010 - 2011)
38. Mafia II (2010 - 2011)
39. Halo Reach (2010 - present)
40. Call of Duty: Black Ops (2011 - present)
Active Gaming: May 6, 2011 - present
41. Fallout 3 (2010 - present)
Active Gaming: September 6, 2010 - present
The 8'th Generation (2011 - present)
42. Fallout New Vegas (2011 - present)
43. Red Dead Redemption (2011 - present)
44. 007 Agent Under Fire (2011 - present)
45. 007 Quantum of Solace (2011 - present)
46. Dead Space 2 (2011 - present)
- This List is updated 3 times a year, in January, May, and September.
- All games #1 - #10 are 5'th generation games. (1997)
- All games #11 - #36 are 6'th generation games. (2003)
- All games #37 - 70 are both 6'th and 7'th generation games. (2005)
- Games #71 - #77 are Emulators of 5'th and 6'th Generation Games (2008)
- Games #78 - #150 are 7'th Generation games. (2009)
- Games #151 - #250 are 8'th Generation games. (2011)
- Games #251 - #300 are Final Speed Running Projects (FSP) games. (2013)
D= Inactive Speed Running (188/200)
S= Active Speed Running (12/200)
N/A= This game is planned in the future, but has not yet been released. It is already submitted to be put on the Active List
5'th Generation (1997-2000)
- 1. * D (1997) Blast Corps +
- 2. * D (1999) Half-Life +
- 3. * D (1999) Metal Gear Solid +
- 4. * D (1999) Super Smash Bros +
- 5. * D (1999) Super Mario 64 +
- 6. * D (1999) 007 Goldeneye +
- 7. * D (2000) Perfect Dark +
- 8. * D (2000) Spiderman +
- 9. * D (2000) 007 The World is Not Enough +
- 10. * D (2000) 007 The World is Not Enough Part II +
6'th Generation (2001-2005)
- 11. * D (2001) Super Smash Bros. Melee +
- 12. * D (2001) Metroid Prime +
- 13. * D (2001) Grand Theft Auto III +
- 14. * D (2001) 007 Agent Under Fire +
- 15. * D (2001) Halo +
- 16. * D (2002) Spiderman: The Movie +
- 17. * D (2002) Kingdom Hearts +
- 18. * D (2002) Super Mario Sunshine +
- 19. * S (2002) 007 NightFire +
- 20. * D (2003) The Sims +
- 21. * D (2003) Ford Racing 2 +
- 22. * D (2004) Spiderman 2 +
- 23. * D (2004) Halo 2 +
- 24. * D (2004) Metal Gear Solid 3 +
- 25. * D (2004) 007 Everything or Nothing +
- 26. * D (2004) Strike Force Bowling +
- 27. * D (2004) Grand Theft Auto Vice City +
- 28. * D (2004) Professional Drag Racing 2005 +
- 29. * D (2004) Corvette +
- 30. * D (2004) Metroid Prime 2: Echoes +
- 31. * D (2004) Grand Theft Auto San Andreas +
- 32. * D (2005) Battlefield 2: Modern Combat +
- 33. * D (2005) Ultimate Spiderman +
- 34. * D (2005) 007 From Russia with Love +
- 36. * D (2005) Guitar Hero +
6'th and 7'th Generations (2005-2008)
- 37. * D (2005) Perfect Dark Zero +
- 38. * D (2006) Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories +
- 39. * D (2006) Guitar Hero II +
- 40. * D (2007) Super Mario Galaxy +
- 41. * D (2007) Need for Speed Most Wanted +
- 42. * D (2007) Kingdom Hearts II +
- 43. * D (2007) Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories +
- 44. * D (2007) Bully +
- 45. * D (2007) Halo 3 +
- 46. * D (2007) Spiderman 3 +
- 47. * D (2007) Metroid Prime 3: Corruption +
- 48. * D (2007) Assassin's Creed +
- 49. * D (2007) Scarface The World is Yours +
- 50. * D (2008) Guitar Hero III +
- 51. * D (2008) Just Cause +
- 52. * D (2008) Super Smash Bros. Brawl +
- 53. * S (2008) Grand Theft Auto IV +
- 54. * D (2008) Metal Gear Solid 4 +
- 55. * D (2008) Black +
- 56. * D (2008) Battlefield: Bad Company +
- 57. * D (2008) Wii Sports +
- 58. * D (2008) 50 Cent: BulletProof +
- 59. * D (2008) Super Mario 64 DS +
- 60. * D (2008) Gangstarr: Crime City +
- 61. * D (2008) Dead Space +
- 62. * S (2008) Fallout 3 +
- 63. * D (2008) Far Cry 2 +
- 64. * D (2008) Guitar Hero World Tour +
- 65. * D (2008) Fable II +
- 66. * D (2008) Saints Row II +
- 67. * D (2008) Gears of War II +
- 68. * D (2008) 007 Quantum of Solace +
- 69. * D (2008) Mirror's Edge +
- 70. * D (2008) Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories +
Emulators (5'th and 6'th Generations)
- 71. * D (2008) Super Mario 64 (Emulator) +
- 72. * D (2008) 007 Goldeneye (Emulator) +
- 73. * D (2008) Perfect Dark (Emulator) +
- 74. * D (2008) Super Smash Bros (Emulator) +
- 75. * D (2008) Spiderman (Emulator) +
- 76. * D (2008) Resident Evil 2 (Emulator) +
- 77. * D (2008) The World Is Not Enough (Emulator) +
7'th Generation (2009-2011)
- 78. * D (2009) Call of Duty 4 +
- 79. * D (2009) Afro Samurai +
- 80. * D (2009) Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars +
- 81. * D (2009) Star Ocean Last Hope +
- 82. * D (2009) Call of Duty World at War +
- 83. * D (2009) Pokemon Diamond +
- 84. * D (2009) The Sims Bustin Out +
- 85. * D (2009) Madworld +
- 86. * D (2009) Avalon Code +
- 87. * D (2009) Mana-Khemia +
- 88. * D (2009) Ninja Blade +
- 89. * D (2009) NBA 2K9 +
- 90. * D (2009) Skate 2 +
- 91. * D (2009) Dragon Ball: Evolution +
- 92. * D (2009) Rune Factory Frontier +
- 93. * D (2009) Empire: Total War +
- 94. * D (2009) NHL 09 +
- 95. * D (2009) The House of the Dead: Overkill +
- 96. * D (2009) Cross Edge +
- 97. * D (2009) Ninja Gaiden Sigma II +
- 98. * D (2009) Warriors Orochi 2 +
- 99. * D (2009) Spiderman: Web of Shadows +
- 100. * D (2009) Demon's Souls +
- 101. * D (2009) Class of Heroes +
- 102. * D (2009) Pokemon Diamond +
- 103. * D (2009) Portal +
- 104. * D (2009) Jak II +
- 105. * D (2009) Gran Tursimo 5 +
- 106. * D (2009) Tales of Vesperia +
- 107. * D (2009) Borderlands +
- 108. * S (2009) Grand Theft Auto: Episodes of Liberty City +
- 109. * D (2009) Assassins Creed II +
- 110. * S (2009) Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 +
- 111. * D (2010) Mass Effect 2 +
- 112. * D (2010) Bioshock 2 +
- 113. * D (2010) Battlefield Bad Company 2 +
- 114. * D (2010) Final Fantasy XIII +
- 115. * D (2010) Resonance of Fate +
- 116. * D (2010) Perfect Dark (Xbox 360 Version) +
- 117. * D (2010) Mega Man 10 +
- 118. * D (2010) God of War III +
- 119. * S (2010) Just Cause 2 +
- 120. * S (2010) Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony +
- 121. * S (2010) Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and The Damned +
- 122. * D (2010) Red Steel 2
- 123. * D (2010) NIER
- 124. * D (2010) Alpha Protocol
- 125. * D (2010) R.U.S.E.
- 126. * D (2010) I Am Alive
- 127. * D (2010) Iron Man 2
- 128. * D (2010) Quantum Theory
- 129. * D (2010) Singularity
- 130. * D (2010) Toy Story 3
- 131. * D (2010) Metroid: Other M
- 132. * D (2010) Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
- 133. * D (2010) Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 134. * D (2010) Clash of the Titans
- 135. * D (2010) Blur
- 136. * D (2010) Ace Combat: Joint Assault
- 137. * D (2010) Duke Nukem Trilogy: Critical Mass
- 138. * D (2010) Dante's Inferno
- 139. * D (2010) Dead Rising 2
- 140. * D (2010) Dementium II
- 141. * D (2010) Red Dead Redemption
- 142. * D (2010) Mafia II
- 143. * D (2010) Trinity Universe
- 144. * D (2010) Deadliest Catch
- 145. * D (2010) Naval Assault: The Killing Tide
- 146. * D (2010) Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
- 147. * D (2010) BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
- 148. * D (2010) Need For Speed Criterion
- 149. * S (2010) Halo: Reach
- 150. * S (2010) Call of Duty: Black Ops
8'th Generation (2011 - 2013)
- 151. * S (2011) Fallout New Vegas
- 152. * D (2011) Madden 08
- 153. * D (2011) Madden 09
- 154. * D (2011) Madden 10
- 155. * D (2011) Madden 11
- 156. * D (2011) A Shadow's Tale
- 157. * D (2011) DC Universe Online
- 158. * D (2011) Kingdom Hearts coded
- 159. * D (2011) Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
- 160. * D (2011) 18 LittleBigPlanet 2
- 161. * D (2011) Mass Effect 2
- 162. * D (2011) MindJack
- 163. * S (2011) Dead Space 2
- 164. * D (2011) Lord of Arcana PSP
- 165. * D (2011) Two Worlds II
- 166. * D (2011) Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
- 167. * D (2011) Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
- 168. * D (2011) Mario Sports Mix Wii
- 169. * D (2011) Test Drive Unlimited 2
- 170. * D (2011) Trinity: Souls of Zill O’ll
- 171. * D (2011) Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation
- 172. * D (2011) Warriors: Legends of Troy
- 173. * D (2011) Hyperdimension Neptunia
- 174. * D (2011) Conduit 2
- 175. * D (2011) Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
- 176. * D (2011) Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
- 177. * D (2011) Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
- 178. * D (2011) Hard Corps: Uprising
- 179. * D (2011) Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
- 180. * D (2011) Bulletstorm
- 181. * D (2011) Killzone 3
- 182. * D (2011) de Blob 2
- 183. * D (2011) Gray Matter
- 184. * D (2011) Fight Night Champion
- 185. * D (2011) The Sims Medieval
- 186. * D (2011) Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II – Retribution
- 187. * D (2011) Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
- 188. * D (2011) Pokémon Black and White NDS
- 189. * D (2011) Dragon Age II
- 190. * D (2011) God Eater: Burst
- 191. * D (2011) MLB 11: The Show
- 192. * D (2011) Shift 2: Unleashed Win
- 193. * D (2011) Patapon 3
- 194. * D (2011) Yakuza 4
- 195. * D (2011) Ōkamiden
- 196. * D (2011) Total War: Shogun 2
- 197. * D (2011) MotorStorm: Apocalypse PS3
- 198. * D (2011) Crysis 2
- 199. * D (2011) SOCOM 4
- 200. * D (2011) The Legend of Zelda: Orcania of Time (1998)
FSP (2013 - 2017)
Total Games: 200/300
Highest Global Ranks/Awards
Below is the list of years and the highest title DarkLight93 had for overall best speed runner in the world:
1997- #403 Best Speed Runner
- Best new player of the year
1998- #397 Best Speed Runner
1999- #354 Best Speed Runner
2000- #387 Best Speed Runner
- Top One Hundred Best Speed Runners of the 5'th Generation
2001- #300 Best Speed Runner
2002- #299 Best Speed Runner
- Top Ten Speed Runners holding 5 or more consecutive titles
2003- #214 Best Speed Runner
2004- #201 Best Speed Runner
2005- #163 Best Speed Runner
2006- #110 Best Speed Runner
2007- #87 Best Speed Runner
- Player of the 6'th Generation
2008- #51 Best Speed Runner
- 007 Nightfire Global Champion
- Top 50 Best Speed Runners in world
- Holding 10 or more consecutive titles.
- Speed Runner of the year
2009- #16 Best Speed Runner
- Holding 15 or more consecutive titles (Highest peak at 16 consecutive titles)
- Holding Nightfire Championship for over 365 Days
- Top 20 Best Speed Runners in world.
2010- #3 Best Speed Runner
- Top 5 Best Speed Runners in world. (Platnium Award)
- Holding 15 or more consecutive titles (15 titles)
- Holding Nightfire Championship for over 730 Days
- Speed Runner of the Year
- Gamer of the Year
- Best Player of 7'th Generation
- Reached Silver Elite Veteran (Only obtainable by speedrunning 3 generations) (5-6-7)
2011- #4 Best Speed Runner
- Holding Nightfire Championship for over 1095 days.
- Reached Dominant Title (Either obtained by holding 20 or more simtuantious championships, or holding a championship for 3+ years)
- Dropped down 1 rank because of Myles SM64 comeback
- Top 5 best speed runners (2'nd consecutive year- 2X Platnium)
- Reached Gold Elite Veteran Title (Only obtainable by actively speed running for 4 generations) (5-6-7-8)
- Regained 007 Everything or Nothing championship (2'nd time)
- Completed the #1 game on the Top 10 hardest games list, Fallout 3
- Consecutively speed runned through 4 generations (5'th, 6'th, 7'th, and 8'th)
- Reached Prefect Champion Title (4 Generations, 200 Video Games, and 20 championships)
2. Soon, I will have the Assistants emails up as they can check mail as well.
3. XBOX LIVE (NEW!)- TouchingCorgi1
Gaming High Rankings
These awre the highest DL has ever been on the Global rankings pages for these games. (Most Popular Games)
007 NightFire- #1
007 Everything or Nothing- #1
007 Agent Under Fire- #1
007 Goldeneye- #76
007 TWINE- #4
Fallout 3- #1
Fallout New Vegas- #5
Spiderman 2- #1
Grand Theft Auto 3- #4
Grand Theft Auto Vice City- #3
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas- #1
Grand Theft Auto IV- #19
Metroid Prime- #2
Perfect Dark- #77
Super Mario 64- #4
Super Mario Sunshine- #7
Super Smash Bros. Melee- #10
COD Modern Warfare- #45
COD Modern Warfare 2- #26
Battlefield 2 Modern Combat- #9
Just Cause- #1
Just Cause 2- #6
This is a brief list of the most acccepted retirement dates DL has had.
1. NES: Retired- 4/08/04
2. Playstation 1: Retired- 12/17/04
3. Xbox: Retired- 5/10/09
4. Nintendo GameCube: Retired- 5/10/09
5. Nintendo 64: Retired- 12/31/09
6. Playstation 2: Retired- 6/4/11
7. Nintendo Wii: Retired- 4/15/11
8. Xbox 360: Still Active
9. Playstation 3: Still Active
1'st Generation- Retired (N/A)
2'nd Generation- Retired (N/A)
3'rd Generation- Retired (N/A)
4'th Generation- Retired (6/8/99)
5'th Generation- Retired (8/15/03)
6'th Generation- Retired (12/31/09)
7'th Generation- Still Active
8'th Generation- Still Active
9'th Generation- TBA
- #3 Most Viewed Page on SpeedRunWiki (Behind Main Page and Legend of Zelda OoT)
- #1 Longest Page
- #1 Most Revised Page
- #1 Most Catagories
- Has been updated since Jan 2007.
- Has 3 Managers, and 5 Editors as of May 17, 2011
Special Titles for Speed Runners
There are special ranks that a gamer can reach if they successfully dedicate themselves to speed running video games on the Professinal Level.
In order they are:
1- Ultimate Gamer (Highest Title in Gaming, only obtainable by consecutively speed running for 5 generations, getting 50+ total gaming championships, and speed running at least 300 video games)
2- Prefect Champion- DarkLight93's current rank- (Usually the highest title that pro gamers reach. Obtainable by consecutively speed running 4 generations, getting at least 25 gaming championships, and speed running at least 200 video games.)
3- Gold Elite Veteran (Obtainable by consecutively speed running through 4 generations, or speed running at least 150 video games.)
4- Silver Elite Veteran
5- Bronze Elite Veteran
6- Elite Veteran
8- 2'nd Veteran
9- Specialist Speed Runner
10- Professional Gamer 2
11- Professional Gamer 1
12- Amatuer Gamer 2
13- Amatuer Gamer 1
DL's Speed Running Song of the Year
Each year in January, DL picks out a song which he thinks deserves the song of the year, and is often played in speed running videos (DL videos)
- 1997- N/A
- 1998- N/A
- 1999- Mister Mister- Broken Wings (Hit the Ground Running)
- 2000- Metalica- One (Hit the Ground Running)
- 2001- Tupac- Changes (Reality)
- 2002- Tupac- Dear Mama (Reality)
- 2003- Eminem- Mockingbird (A Risen Curse)
- 2004- Slipknot- Before I Forget (A Risen Curse)
- 2005- 50 Cent- Many Men (A Risen Curse)
- 2006- All That Remains- This Calling (DIADA 1)
- 2007- Rick Ross- Speedin (DIADA 1)
- 2008- Amon Amarth- Twilight of the Thunder God (DIADA 2)
- 2009- Dimmu Borgir- The Serpentine Offering (DIADA 2)
- 2010- Eminem- Not Afraid (The Legend III: Retribution)
- 2011- Rammstein- Reise Reise (Das Licht)
- 2012- Drake- Up All Night (The Chrome Stature I)
DL's SpeedRunning Playlist
- The Playlist consists of DL's favorite songs, put into 1 playlist for speed runs.
1. Tempah- Written in the Stars
2. Rammstein- Reise Reise
3. Rick Ross- Speedin
4. Owl City- Fireflies
5. Glasses Malone- Haterz
6. Drake- Up All Night
7. Eminem- Not Afraid
8. Nelly- Just A Dream
9. Becoming The Archetype- Dichotomy
10. Neon Trees- Animal
11. Young Jeezy- Hustlaz Ambition
12. Lady Antebellum- Need You Now
13. Michael Jackson- Hold My Hand ft. Akon
14. Lil Wayne- Right Above It
15. As I Lay Dying- Nothing Left
16. Kelly Clarkson- Break Away
17. Chris Daughtry- Life After You
Speed Running Championships
Last Updated: 6/2/11
- 1. Global (8)
- 2. Regional (2)
- 3. National (2)
- 4. State (11)
- 5. Divisonal (2)
-5'th Generation (1997 - 2003)-
1 (State- 1X Platinum) 007 Goldeneye: 425 days (August 30, 1999 - October 31, 2000)
2 (State- 1X Platinum) Perfect Dark: 202 days (November 12, 2001- June 6, 2002)
-6'th Generation (2003 - 2009)-
3 (State- 3X Platinum) Super Smash Bros Melee: 731 days (December 4, 2001 - December 5, 2003)
4 (State- 5X Platinum) Blast Corps: 2,211 days (February 28, 2003 - March 19, 2009)
5 (Regional- 2X Platinum) GTA San Andreas: 363 days (February 19, 2005 - February 17, 2006)
6 (State- 1X Platinum) Super Smash Bros 64: 463 days (February 28, 2005 - March 3, 2009)
7 (State- 3X Platinum) Battlefield 2 Modern Combat: 820 days (December 7, 2006 - March 8, 2009)
8 (Global- 3X Platinum) Spiderman 2: 797 days (December 31, 2006 - March 8, 2009)
9 (Global- 8X Platinum) 007 NightFire: 1,095 days (June 2, 2008 - present)
10 (Global- 2X Platinum) 007 Everything or Nothing: 1'st time 236 days (July 1, 2008 - March 8, 2009) 2'nd time 132 days (January 15 - present)
11 (State- 1X Platinum) 007 The World is Not Enough: 500 Days (December 30, 2009 - present)
-7'th Generation (2009 - 2010)-
12 (Global- 1X Platinum) Just Cause: 306 Days (January 26, 2010 - November 3, 2010)
13 (Global- 1X Platinum) Just Cause 2: 150 Days (May 1, 2010 - November 3, 2010)
14 (Global- 1X Platinum) Spiderman 3: 128 Days (June 30, 2010 - November 13, 2010)
15 (Divisonal- 1X Gold) Call of Duty- Modern Warefare 2: 149 Days (June 30, 2010 - November 29, 2010)
16 (Global- 1X Platinum) Mortal Kombat Armaggedon: 150 Days (June 30, 2010 - November 30th, 2010)
17 (National- 1X Platinum) Grand Theft Auto IV: 242 Days (September 27, 2010 - present)
18 (National- 1X Platinum) Fallout 3: 103 Days (September 27, 2010 - January 10, 2011)
-8'th Generation (2011 - present)-
19 (Regional- 2X Platinum) Fallout 3: 142 Days (January 10, 2011 - present)
20 (State- 1X Gold) Saints Row 2: 132 Days (January 20, 2011 - present)
21 (State- 1X Gold) Fallout New Vegas: 72 Days (March 15, 2011 - present)
22 (State- 1X Platinum) 007 Rouge Agent: 56 Days (April 3, 2011 - present)
23 (State- 1X Platinum) 007 From Russia With Love: 56 Days (April 3, 2011 - present)
24 (Divisional- 1X Silver) Spiderman 3: 49 Days (April 10, 2011 - present)
25 (Global- 1X Platinum) 007 Agent Under Fire: 45 Days (April 14, 2011 - present)
-FSP (TBA 2013)-
[ http://www.SpeedDemosArchive.com] -Another gaming community DL is involved with. (2006 - present)
[ http://www.The-Elite.net] - The Main gaming community DL is involved with. (2007 - present)
[ http://www.cyberscore.net] - Main World Records website that DL uses, but currently suspended. (2008 - 2011)
[ http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/review/R134743.html] - DL's Scarface Review
[ http://speedrunwiki.com/Enemy_Rockets_Banaza] - Enemy Rockets Section
http://speedrunwiki.com/Nightfire_MVP_Rankings] - Nightfire Current MVP Rankings Page
[ http://speedrunwiki.com/Speedrunwiki.com:Administrators] - Adminstrators Page
- This Bio is currently updated by 12 people: DarkLight93 (DL), MountainofOlives (MO), Nehru (NU), Mangled Gamer (MG), Optical King (OK), SilverStorm13 (SS), ExtraKick (EK), Ja9000 (J9), BAO (BO), InfieriusStorm (IS), CombackPride (CP), DejaCry (DC), and AwesomeTide3 (AT).
- In order it goes DL, then the 2 Assistants, then the Lead Editor, followed by the regular editors, and finally at the bottom the 2'nd Editors.
- DL (Page Manager) [Vacation May 16, 2011 - July 4, 2011]
- MO (Manager of Updating Operations)
- NU (Asst. Page Manager)
- MG (Asst. Page Manager)
- OK (Asst. Page Manager)
- SS (Lead Editor)
- EK (Lead Editor)
- OPEN (Lead Editor)
- J9 (Editor)
- BO (Editor)
- IS (Editor)
- CP (Editor)
- OPEN (Editor)
- OPEN (Editor)
- OPEN (Editor)
- DC (2'nd Editor)
- AT (2'nd Editor)
- OPEN (2'nd Editor)