Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country is a Platformer released in November of 1994 by Rare for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. The series continued with Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest and Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble.
The Speed Demos Archive hosts Donkey Kong Country competition. The current proven World Record for a complete-game, 101% DKC speedrun is 50 minutes, achieved by Derek "SnapDragon" Kisman in September of 2001.
101% DKC speedrun 44 minutes was achieved by Adam 'Lucid Faia' Sweeney on August 23th, 2007.
Speed Run Strategies
Donkey Kong Country can be a very rewarding game to speed run, because rolling through the enemies and past the obstacles like you never have done before is very exhilarating. The more tricks you learn and master, the more rewarding it can be.
Standard speed runs submittable to Speed Demos Archive:
- Any% without glitched warp in Jungle Hijinxs (Segmented and Single-segment, glitched warp only available in 1.0 version cartridge)
- Any% with glitched warp in Jungle Hijinxs (Segmented and Single-segment)
- 100% (Segmented and Single-segmented)
- Except for a few cases, Diddy is your Kong of choice because of his speed.
- For the most part, cartwheel through as many enemies as possible.
- Learn when the cartwheel animation ends and jump as late as possible without losing speed.
- Use all the shortcut barrels possible, except when necessary in 101% to get bonus stages.
- Maneuver so that you move around corners at fullest speed possible.
- Enguarde is available on all water levels, use him EXCEPT for Poison Pond, where it slower to get him.
- Constantly lunge with Enguarde.
- Lunge around corners with Enguarde
- Learn the timing to hit the bosses as soon as possible.
- Beavers can be stomped after their invulnerability period as soon as the peak of their jump, as they start going down.
Specific Level Strategies
- Insert strategies here.